Monday, September 12, 2011

Pregnancy Diary // Welcome Gracie

Two weeks ago today we welcomed our beautiful little girl Gracie Silver Elizabeth into the world. It was the most amazing day. So for those of you who are interested in the details (well not too detailed) here it is....

The Birth Story
On Wednesday 24th August the pre-labour pains began. I spent the day keeping busy and made sure I got some rest. I went to bed at about 10pm that night and my labour had started. I had 7 minute apart contractions and tried my hardest to rest in between. By 3.20am my contractions were 3 minutes apart so we got ready to go. Naomi came to look after Charlie and Trev and I headed to Sutherland hospital.

By 3.45am we were in our room, epidural had been requested and was given by 4am. Trev and I then got to have a sleep and by about 8.30am the fun began. It was the most beautiful experience, I actually got to enjoy the birth (which sounds crazy). But we were all very calm and I had the most amazing midwives. Gracie arrived at 9.15am on the 25th August. Trev and I were totally ecstatic and in love the minute we met her.

An hour after the birth I was up having a shower, washing my hair and even putting on a little makeup. I was on the biggest high and couldn't wait to introduce Gracie to her big brother. Our little family of 3 is now a family of 4.

Please meet Gracie Silver, our little boy Charlie and my husband Trev (I don't think I've introduced my family on my blog yet).


No comments:

Post a Comment