Monday, July 4, 2011

Favorite Trend // Velvet Anything and Everything

So ladies I'm sure you've all picked up my past obsession with leather. Well I've moved on. SHOCK!!

I've been in love with velvet for the past couple of months. Its so smooth and comfy. I've picked up a few velvet pieces recently so I thought Id share my own inspiration pics for velvet.

My first piece is a pair of velvet leggings. They are so cute. I got them from my son (or maybe my hubby) for Mothers Day.. so sweet. These are definitely my favorite item to wear at the moment. I love the texture these leggings bring to an outfit. I wore them with a stripped tee, black blazer and leopard spot scarf for abit of fun.

Secondly, I bought this gorgeous velvet dress from vinnies about 8 months ago. Its not something Ill be able to wear through my pregnancy as its quite fitted on top. So its a piece I'll be putting away for when I get my pre-baby body back. Woohoo always nice to have something to work towards. Its fitted on the arms and torso and has a cute little a-line skirt. I cant wait to give this dress a go.

Thirdly, I bought this peach coloured velvet jacket from ebay recently. While I am not totally convinced on the colour I think I can have some fun with it. My thoughts, keep my outfit pretty simple. All black underneath or a cute little dress of some description and my jacket. Lets give it a go and see how it looks. Either way I'll wait till this pregnancy is over before I try and get into it (oh and the flower is removable... thank goodness ha ha).

Hope you enjoy. oxo










No comments:

Post a Comment